EMNLP does not issue formal invitation letters for visas. However, we can issue a visa support letter, which describes the technical nature of the conference.
A visa support letter cannot be sent to a private address; it can only be sent to an established university or research lab.
A letter can only be requested after you have registered for EMNLP'11.
After you register for EMNLP 2011, you will receive an e-mail confirming your booking and assigning it a unique booking number. This will look like
EDN12345 (i.e., “EDN” followed by an integer). You will need to quote this booking number in your request.
Send your request for a visa support letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name as it appears on your passport
- Current Institution address (As noted above, visa support letters cannot be sent to personal addresses.)
- Preferred email address
- If you have submitted a paper to EMNLP, include the number assigned to the paper.
- If you are on the programme committee for EMNLP or one of its workshops, please give details.
- If neither of the above, attach a letter from a known researcher indicating that you are a bona fide member of the EMNLP community.
- Registration booking number (see above)