There is no official conference hotel. There are numerous hotels, University-run accommodation options, bed and breakfasts, and hostels nearby.
There are many hotels near the conference venue and in central Edinburgh. Hotels in the city centre tend to be either expensive, in a noisy area, or both. The following are reasonable options within walking distance of the venue.
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, in the new South Bridge building.
- Ten Hill Place, very close to venue.
- Hotel du Vin, also very close.
- Residence Inn Edinburgh, located in the Quarrtermile, a mix of modern and refurbished listed buildings a short walk from the venue.
- Edinburgh City Hotel, a little further away
- Best Western Plus Bruntsfield Hotel - Further away, but a pleasant walk across the Meadows.
- The Balmoral Hotel. Edinburgh's iconic hotel; a fine place to stay if money is no object. Also home to one of Edinburgh's five Michelin-starred restaurants, Number One.
The University runs several hotel / B&B venues using off-season or former student accommodation.
- Kenneth Mackenzie Hospitality Suite, 7 Richmond Place, Approx. 5 minutes walk from Informatics Forum
- Masson House, Pollock Halls, Approx. 15 minutes walk from Informatics Forum
- Salisbury Green Hotel, Pollock Halls, Approx. 15 minutes walk from Informatics Forum
- Pollock Halls, cheapest option but may only be available until September 8
Bed and Breakfast
There are a number of reasonable bed and breakfast options near the conference venue, particularly in the neighborhood of Newington to the southeast. These tend to be competitively priced compared to hotels. Some representative options are listed below.
- Auld Reekie Guest House, 16 Mayfield Gardens, Approx. 20 minutes walk from Informatics Forum
- Barony House, 20 Mayfield Gardens, Approx. 15 minutes walk from Informatics Forum
- Ellesmere House, 11 Glengyle Terrace Approx. 20 minutes walk from Informatics Forum
- International Guest House, 37 Mayfield Gardens, Approx. 15 minutes walk from Informatics Forum
There are a number of hostels catering to backpackers and other visitors. Those near the converence venue tend to be in noisy areas, though.
- Argyle Backpackers is near the venue and in a quiet area.