Student Travel GrantsWith generous support from the NSF, ACM SIGARCH, IEEE TC on Computer Architecture, IEEE TC on Parallel Processing, and SICSA, PACT 2013 will offer travel grants for students to attend the conference. Certain funds will be available to ACM SIGARCH student members and IEEE members only. SICSA funds will be available to students studying at a Scottish university only. We highly encourage all students to join SIGARCH, TCCA, and TCPP to be given higher priority. SIGARCH offers an online membership for $2. The exact number and amount of the awards will be determined based on the number of eligible applicants and the availability of funds.
IMPORTANT: Travel grant applicants should not register for the conference until hearing the decision on their application. Students who have applied for a travel grant by August 1, 2013 will be allowed to register at the early registration cost until August 8, 2013.
To apply for a travel grant from PACT:
- DEADLINE: Travel grant application must be received by 11:59pm EST, August 1, 2013.
- Important: students requiring a visa for the UK should apply for the travel grant as soon as possible (well before the deadline) as the visa invitation requires students to be registered.
- Due to limited travel funds, we anticipate providing support primarily for conference registrations.
- Applicants must fill out the form here; if you have difficulties, please send an email to the Student Travel Grant Chair, Bruce Childers, at email@example.com.
- Student applicants also need to ask their direct thesis advisor to send an e-mail to the Student Travel Grant Chair (at firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "Student Travel Status Confirmation for <Your-Last-Name, Your-First-Name>", stating that you are a full-time student pursuing an MS/Ph.D. or undergraduate research in the areas covered by PACT. The confirmation email must be received by the application deadline.
- Due to the large number of applications we expect to receive, we will NOT solicit letters from your advisors. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your advisor sends the email before the deadline. No exception will be made for any reason.
- We will do our best to notify you about the status of your application by August 8th, 2013. Note that award decisions will be made based on funding availability.
Student Travel Grant Sponsors